Ombré nails are a great look, especially during party season. Getting the perfect ombré look can take time and practise, so keep reading to find out how to nail the trend yourself at home.
Equipment you’ll need:
- Base coat
- Two nail polish colours of choice
- Top coat
- Nailswipe brush on nail polish remover
- Make sure your nails are clean – Before beginning the look, make sure your nails are clean, removing any leftover nail polish using Nailswipe. You can read our top tips for perfect, healthy nails here.
- Apply your base coat
- Apply your first colour – Using the lighter colour of the two, apply a thin layer to act as a base drop for the beginning of your ombré look.
- Use your sponge to paint an ombré look - Paint your ombré colours in straight, horizontal lines next to each other on your sponge. Make sure to use a small sponge, which will fit to your nails. You may also want to dampen the sponge to stop it from absorbing too much polish, otherwise the polish may not transfer onto the nail.
- Stamp the polish onto your nails – Using the sponge, stamp the pattern onto your nails repeatedly, pressing down firmly until the polish has fully transferred. Don’t worry for now about messiness; this is where your Nailswipe bottle will come in handy!
- Roll – Then using the sponge, roll gently over the transferred nail polish to soften the ombré.
- Apply your topcoat
- Get rid of any imperfections – To neaten up the area around your nails you may have accidentally painted, use Nailswipe to gently remove any excess polish.
Tag us in your ombré looks on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook @Nailswipe